By Yoshihide Igarashi,Tom Altman,Mariko Funada,Barbara Kamiyama
Exploring an enormous array of themes regarding computation, Computing: A ancient and Technical Perspective covers the old and technical beginning of historical and modern day computing. The publication begins with the earliest references to counting through people, introduces a variety of quantity structures, and discusses arithmetic in early civilizations. It courses readers throughout the newest advances in machine technological know-how, reminiscent of the layout and research of machine algorithms.
Through ancient debts, short technical causes, and examples, the publication solutions a number of questions, including:
- Why do people count number another way from the best way present digital pcs do?
- Why are there 24 hours in an afternoon, 60 mins in an hour, etc.?
- Who invented numbers, whilst have been they invented, and why are there diversified kinds?
- How do mystery writings and cryptography date again to historic civilizations?
Innumerable members from many cultures have contributed their skills and creativity to formulate what has turn into our mathematical and computing history. via bringing jointly the old and technical features of computing, this ebook permits readers to achieve a deep appreciation of the lengthy evolutionary procedures of the sphere constructed over hundreds of thousands of years. compatible as a complement in undergraduate classes, it offers a self-contained old reference resource for somebody drawn to this significant and evolving field.
Read or Download Computing: A Historical and Technical Perspective PDF
Similar computer information theory books
Utilizing an easy but rigorous strategy, Algebraic and Stochastic Coding concept makes the topic of coding thought effortless to appreciate for readers with a radical wisdom of electronic mathematics, Boolean and glossy algebra, and likelihood idea. It explains the underlying rules of coding concept and provides a transparent, particular description of every code.
Ajit Balakrishnan is quietly experimenting with the hot and interesting applied sciences of the web in 1995 whilst the dot-com fever grips the area. enterprise capitalists, funding bankers and legal professionals pound on the doorways of his tiny place of work in a low-rent zone of Mumbai, urging him to take his corporation public on New York's NASDAQ inventory industry.
With the large quantity of information produced and saved every year, trustworthy garage and retrieval of knowledge is extra an important than ever. powerful coding and deciphering innovations are serious for correcting mistakes and holding info integrity. Comprising chapters thoughtfully chosen from the hugely well known Coding and sign Processing for Magnetic Recording platforms, complex errors keep an eye on ideas for info garage platforms is a finely targeted connection with the cutting-edge blunders regulate and modulation concepts utilized in garage units.
This booklet constitutes revised chosen papers from the14th overseas Workshop on Digital-Forensics and Watermarking, IWDW 2015,held in Tokyo, Japan, in October 2015. The 35 papers offered during this quantity have been carefullyreviewed and chosen from fifty four submissions. The contributions are equipped intopical sections named: electronic forensics; steganography and steganalysis;digital watermarking; reversible information hiding; and visible cryptography.
- Applied Information Security: A Hands-on Approach
- Instance Selection and Construction for Data Mining (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- Information Studies and the Quest for Transdisciplinarity:Unity through Diversity (World Scientific Series in Information Studies)
- Theory of Decision under Uncertainty (Econometric Society Monographs)
- Genetic Programming Theory and Practice
- Applications of Algebra to Communications, Control, and Signal Processing (SpringerBriefs in Computer Science)
Extra info for Computing: A Historical and Technical Perspective