By Maximillien de Lafayette
Samples of the way phrases are outlined, translated and defined in Akkadian and different languages of the period and the traditional global.
• Gan: Akkadian/Sumerian. Noun. a-A box. b-A piece of land. c-A backyard. From Gan, derived the Arabic note Janayna, this means that a backyard, and the observe Janna (Janah), this means that the paradise as pointed out within the Quran. The Arabic “Ganat Adan” in Arabic, and the Hebrew “Gan Eden” (the backyard of Eden) derived from the Aramaic phrases Gan, Ganta and Gentaa, that means park; backyard. backyard of Eden is Gentaa Edeen in Aramaic and Assyrian. The Arabic note “Janat” derived from the Aramaic notice Ganta. The note Eden is an Assyrian loan-word “Edinu”, synonymous with Seru, this means that a steppe, a undeniable, a box. From the Assyrian Seru, derived the Arabic note Zaur, that is the identify of a quarter situated south of Babylon. to not confound it with the opposite Aramaic be aware “Ganta”, this means that a suitcase; Chanta in Arabic.
• Ha: Akkadian/Aramaic. quantity. One. Ha in Assyrian is an adverb, and skill many. In Hebrew, Ha is a piece of writing “the”. Hebrew and Aramaic don't use the indefinite articles “a” or “an”. Ha in Hittite is a verb, and capability to think. Ha in Sumerian and Akkadian is a noun, and capability a fish. Ha is additionally a prefix in Phoenician, proto-Ugaritic, Neo-Assyrian, Akkadian, and Hebrew. The Tanakh includes eighty four names with the prefix Ha. This prefix used to be usually utilized in Neo Assyrian literature, texts, and through Biblical instances.
• Lishannu: Akkadian. Noun. A tongue. Leshono in Aramaic. Leshono in Assyrian. Lashunu, Lashuna, and Lashon in Sumerian. Lashunu, Lashuna, and Lashon in Hebrew. Lishannu in historic Assyrian.
• Lishanna in modern Assyrian japanese dialect. Lisan and Lisano in Arabic. From the Arabic note Lisan, derived the Turkish notice Lisan. Nota Bene: Lisan in Arabic additionally capacity a language.
• Malku: Akkadian/Assyrian. Noun. A king. Malka in modern Assyrian japanese dialect. Malko in modern Assyrian Western dialect. Malak in Hebrew. Malak in Arabic. Malaka in Aramaic. a few theologians, together with the early Hebraic students, and Kabalists known as the Malakim (Plural in Hebrew) Malaa’ikah (Plural in Arabic), the youngsters of the heaven. The Aramaic and Arabic observe Malakut capability the dominion of God. Malkoth in Hebrew additionally potential the dominion of God. Malakout within the Brahman literature potential the Divine One. to not confound it with the Aramaic notice Malka, this means that king; Malak in Arabic, and Melech in Hebrew.
• Gele Reshi: Akkadian. Adjective. naked head. From Gele Reshi, derived the Assyrian phrases Gilya Resha (Bare head). From Reshi, derived the Arabic phrases Ras, this means that head, and Reyes, Rayes, Ra’is, which suggest leader and head of a gaggle, or a president. Reish and Rosh in Hebrew.
• Gerra “Gherra”: Sumerian/Akkadian. Noun. identify of the god of fireplace and thunder, and son of Anunitu in numerous Semitic pantheons. Gerra used to be a big deity worshiped by way of the Akkadians, the Babylonians and the Sumerians. he's: a-Gibil (Ishum) in Sumerian. b-Girra and Girru in Akkadian. c-Gerra Ishum in Babylonian. Gerra was once invoked to guard opposed to black magic, spells, curses, and sorcery. He was once pointed out within the Erra and Ishum drugs.
Read or Download Akkadian-English Dictionary. Volume III (R-Z): Epistemology. Etymology. Terminology. History. Texts translation. Linguistic cross-references (Akkadian-English ... (Akkadian Dictionaryand Thesaurus Book 2) PDF
Similar foreign languages books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2002 im Fachbereich Deutsch - Pädagogik, Didaktik, Sprachwissenschaft, observe: 2,5, Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen, 7 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Ist Werbung für Kinder eine damaging Beeinflussung oder dient sie ihnen eher zur Konsumsozialisation ?
Är du lärd på hög nivå och letar efter nya ordlistor att lära dig? Eller är du professional inom ett fält och letar efter omfattande ordlistor inom ett specifikt område? Då är detta rätt bok för dig. Den här ordboken ger dig ordlistor med många detaljer, ordnade efter ämne så att du enkelt kan välja vad du ska lära dig först.
The hot histories of Italy and Somalia are heavily associated. Italy colonized Somalia from the top of the nineteenth century to 1941, and held the territory by way of UN mandate from 1950 to 1960. Italy is additionally one of the vacation spot international locations of the Somali diaspora, which elevated in 1991 after civil conflict. still, this colonial and postcolonial cultural stumble upon has usually been overlooked.
Ertu lengra kominn nemandi í leit að nýjum orðaforða ? Eða einfaldlega sérfræðingur á ákveðnu sviði í leit að umfangsmiklum orðaforða varðandi tiltekið málefni? Þá er þessi bók rétt fyrir þig. Þessi orðasafnsbók veitir þér orðasöfn með miklum smáatriðum, öll röðuð eftir málefnum svo að þú getur auðveldlega valið og kosið hvað þú lærir fyrst.
- Ernst Theodor Amadeus Hoffmann „Der goldene Topf“. Eine Betrachtung des Werks anhand selbst entwickelter Thesen (German Edition)
- The Intention of it All: Mysteries and Misunderstood Scriptures of the Bible Decoded
- Nightingale-Projekt Berlin 2009/2010. Ein Erfahrungsbericht. (German Edition)
- Lehrwerkanalyse anhand ausgewählter Kriterien (German Edition)
- Die dramatische Umsetzung der Wirklichkeit - Ein Vergleich zwischen Dürrenmatts "Die Physiker" und Kipphardts "In der Sache J. Robert Oppenheimer" (German Edition)
- Problematik des Schreibens von Diktaten. Umfang, Schwierigkeitsgrad, Korrektur und Benotung: Fehler vermeiden oder aus Fehlern lernen? (German Edition)
Extra resources for Akkadian-English Dictionary. Volume III (R-Z): Epistemology. Etymology. Terminology. History. Texts translation. Linguistic cross-references (Akkadian-English ... (Akkadian Dictionaryand Thesaurus Book 2)