By Bernard Lightman
- Provides a single-volume assessment of present scholarship within the heritage of technological know-how edited by means of one of many prime figures within the field
- Features 40 essays by means of top foreign students delivering an summary of the most important debates and advancements within the background of science
- Reflects the shift in the direction of deeper historic contextualization in the field
- Helps speak and combine views from the heritage of technological know-how with different parts of old inquiry
- Includes dialogue of non-Western topics that are built-in in the course of the chapters
- Divided into 4 sections in response to key analytic different types that replicate new techniques within the field
Read or Download A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
The Israel Colloquium for the background, Philosophy and Sociology of technology offers earlier than you its 3rd quantity of lawsuits. The philosophy portion of the quantity has 3 major foci: the medical rationalization (Hempel and Ben-Menachem, Elster and Dascal); realism in technological know-how (Cohen and Zemach) and its implications for the matter of universals (Armstrong and Bar-Elli); and the query of demarcation: the dividing line among technological know-how and philosophy (KrUger), in addition to the cognitive limits of technology (Stent).
The undertaking examines how 3 fashionable philosophers of schooling - William Torrey Harris, John Dewey, and Gregory Bateson - each one built a global view that offers a philosophical foundation for environmental education.
Unterredungen und mathematische demonstrationen through Galileo Galilei. This e-book is a duplicate of the unique e-book released in 1891 and will have a few imperfections akin to marks or hand-written notes.
This quantity collects reflections at the position of philosophy in case experiences within the heritage of technological know-how. Case reports have performed a famous function in contemporary background and philosophy of technology. they've been used to demonstrate, query, discover, or explicate philosophical issues of view. whether now not explicitly so, historic narratives are constantly guided by means of philosophical historical past assumptions.
- The Bloomsbury Companion to the Philosophy of Science (Bloomsbury Companions)
- The Evolution of Darwinism: Selection, Adaptation and Progress in Evolutionary Biology
- Tainted: How Philosophy of Science Can Expose Bad Science (ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS AND SCIENCE POLICY SERIES)
- The Circulation of European Knowledge: Niklas Luhmann in the Hispanic Americas
Additional info for A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)