By David Schultenover,Stephen Schloesser
• To commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the second one Vatican Council
• to aid readers extra absolutely savor its importance not just for the Catholic Church itself but additionally for the total global whom the Church encounters in proclamation and reception of ongoing revelation
• of their current shape, to assist readers around the globe interact either the conciliar files themselves and scholarly reflections on them, all as a way to appropriating the reform predicted by means of Pope John XXIII.
participants: Stephen B. Bevans, SVD; Mary C. Boys, SNJM; Maryanne Confoy, RSC; Massimo Faggioli; Anne Hunt; Natalia Imperatori-Lee; Edward Kessler; Gerald O’Collins, SJ; John W. O’Malley, SJ; Agbonkhianmeghe E. Orobator, SJ; Ladislas Orsy, SJ; Peter C. Phan; Gilles Routhier; Ormond Rush; Stephen Schloesser, SJ; Francis A. Sullivan, SJ; O. Ernesto Valiente; Jared Wicks, SJ
Read Online or Download 50 Years On: Probing the Riches of Vatican II PDF
Best catholicism books
Angels and saints. Catholics are likely to reflect on them as diversified from the remainder of us. They’re solid in plaster or simpering on a holy card, acting miracles with superhero energy, or enjoying a harp in maximum heaven. but they're very as regards to us in each approach. during this energetic ebook, Scott Hahn dispels the fake notions and concrete legends humans use to maintain the saints at a secure distance.
Through the years, the bright and infrequently voluminous scholarly writings of Bl. John Henry Newman (1801-1890), have drawn into the Church hundreds of thousands extra converts after him. during this superbly reproduced selection of his maximum devotions and meditations, we stumble upon now not Newman the highbrow yet Newman the straightforward Christian, on his knees face-to-face with God.
Chiara Petrillo was once seated in a wheel chair taking a look lovingly towards Jesus within the tabernacle. Her husband, Enrico, discovered the braveness to invite her a query that he have been conserving again. considering Jesus's word, my yoke is nice and my burden is gentle, he requested: "Is this yoke, this move, particularly candy, as Jesus acknowledged?
Teilhardian principles are on the root of the "new faith" laying waste the Catholic Church at the present time. This amazing scientist, mathematician and thinker exhibits Teilhard's thought of the actual and religious evolution of all issues (including God) to be scientifically fraudulent and philosophically very unlikely.
- Edward Schillebeeckx and Interreligious Dialogue: Perspectives from Asian Theology
- My Badass Book of Saints: Courageous Women Who Showed Me How to Live
- The Church Cannot Remain Silent: Unpublished Letters and other Writings
- God is Love: The Heart of Christian Faith
- In the School of Prophets: The Formation of Thomas Merton's Prophetic Spirituality (Cistercian Studies)
- Action: A Manual for the Reconstruction of Christendom
Extra info for 50 Years On: Probing the Riches of Vatican II